Step 1 > Phone Details
Blackberry phones are sleek, stylish and sophisticated. There are various models including Blackberry Curve, the Blackberry Bold and the new Blackberry Torch and they feature some of the best applications and functions around. If you own an Blackberry, it would be a huge mistake not have an insurance policy on it.
With such high resolution cameras, brilliant internet access and the some brilliant mod cons, this phone will be more like you PC, camera, camcorder and phone book all in one, not simply a device you make calls on. So, what would you do were it to become lost or breakdown?
It’s thought by some that insurance for mobile phones is not necessary, however they are somewhat mistaken. It’s very easy to forget where you put your phone, drop it or even have a family member break your Blackberry phone and this is why insurance is necessary.
By taking out an insurance policy with us your Blackberry will have total protection against any possible type of damage, loss or break down, including water damage, theft, family damage and even any damage which occurs abroad.
Our insurance policy aims to repair your Blackberry, or send you a like-for-like replacement within 48 hours. This means that you’ ll no longer have to fret so much as to where your phone is or who has it.
Although the name has been around for a year or so, the Blackberry Torch remains the most unique of all the Research In Motion phones, but the only one to work completely with touch-screen technology and having the largest screen of any phone the company has ever made.
The latest handset, known as the Torch 9860, runs the excellent OS 7.0 system, offering a good level of processing power, and does very nicely on battery life too.
Blackberry are one of the few companies in the world who could, if they so choose, look down on the billionaires at Apple. While Steve Jobs was trying to change world with design and style the people at Research In Motion have revolutionised how we communicate with each other by pioneering the BBM system of messaging, as well as making email access easier and quicker than it has ever been from your mobile.
At one point the Blackberry handset was about as common as suits and bad manners in the city and even to this day they make some of the best phones on the market.The fact Blackberry are run by Research In Motion also allows them to develop their own software and stay clear of the patent wars currently paying the mortgages of a thousand lawyers around the world, and also meaning they can developed more dedicated tech for their customers.
In recent time the company has had a few issues, but remains the sixth most popular mobile phone device maker and continues to be a common sight in many corporate settings due to their focus on combining design with functionality in a more targeted way than some other companies.
Once you get a Blackberry you’ll notice why it gained a reputation for being rather an addictive device, and the level of use it gets will mean you’ll not want to risk being without it, so check out our dedicated cover plans for peace of mind.
What do our customers say?
- "I rely on my Blackberry for work, so Mobile Insurance is essential for me" - Christopher R, Ross-on-Wye.
- "The replacement 9790 arrived via courier this morning - many thanks for sorting it all so quickly" - Gloria K, Newcastle.
- "Panic set in when I realised I'd lost my Blackberry - then I remembered I had taken out a policy with you guys - phew!" - Tony P, Exeter.
Blackberry Bold 9790
Released in November 2011, the BlackBerry Bold 9790 takes the same path as the 9780, but with an upgraded 1 GHz processor and a few other new features to surprise and delight.
Unlike some of the previous models, the camera does auto focus on the 9790 and it can produce very good video as well. With all the usual Blackberry tech thrown in, this is a great handset with a good level of functionality.
Bold Touch (9900)
The Blackberry Bold Touch was released in late 2011, and is the first in their range to feature a touch-screen as well as the traditional Blackberry keyboard that has made the handsets so popular and instantly identifiable.
The Bold Touch, or 9900 as it is known, has a top-end list of selling points including the fact it is the thinnest phone they have ever made, and features glass-fibre as a prominent part of the design.
- Accidental Damage Whether your screen cracks, your touch screen stops working or you drop your phone down the toilet – our repair team will be able to fix this for you.
- Theft Cover It does not matter whether your phone is stolen out of your bag, straight out of your hand or from your home, we shall replace it for you asap.
- Water Damage Don’t worry if you spill your drink all over your phone, drop it down the toilet or it falls into a puddle, we shall replace it for you.
- Loss Cover (+£1) No one ever remembers anything, and so if you forget where you last put your phone or it has simply vanished off the face of the earth we will send you a like-for-like replacement.
- Extended Warranty Your phone will come with a 1 year warranty, however should your phone breakdown, stop working or simply won’t turn on after it has expired our fantastic repair team are always on hand, and aim to repair your phone within 48 hours.
- Fraudulent Calls If your phone has been reported stolen, we shall cover the costs of any prank or fraudulent calls that are made from your handset.**
- International Cover Your phone will be covered no matter where you take it in the world for up to 90 days a year.
- Family Cover Your phone shall be covered for all your immediate family members as well as yourself.
- **Fraudulent calls covered up to a maximum of £100.